Pages

Stuff with Lida and Diana




I post with some infrequency about some of the things we do with friends Lida and Diana.


This past Wednesday was Lida's 3rd 29th birthday.





So I made a special lunch and had them over;



they also brought with them their friend Vanessa who owns a ScrapBook Crafts Store here in Merida. Scrapbooking and Crafting are passions for Lida and Diana, as are their rescue pets. You can read a great story about their rescue pets at yucatanliving.com.  And you can check out their own blog about the animals here.


So, back to my story - There is a big crafts fair at the convention center this weekend; Lida and Diana are working there at Vanessa's booth for her store ScrapBook It. We went to see them on Friday morning. L y D also have a corner of their cat and dog theme crafts available for sale to help them with the expenses of all their beloved beasties. Of course I picked up a few things.





We strolled around a bit and then on our way out we noticed another fair in another of the big salas and stepped in. There were items from states all over Mexico. I was drawn to a display of absolutely gorgeous tropical birds.




And just couldn't help myself - I now have 2 pairs of Zebra Finches.  




We have a large cage that we used in a display on the patio; it is now being made bird ready so for a day they will need to live in this little jaulita, which by the way resides in the trunk of the car, because you just never know when you might need to transport a bird or 2 or 4.




While living in Colorado I always had finches and canaries.  Tom would build me fabulous flight cages and I would breed and sell the birds.   I see a new project for Tom in the very near future.   I already have a few ideas for small flight cages; 

What do you think of this?  I could be sure it is wide enough to wheel inside in case of storm/tormento/huricane...